Digital marketing is a ubiquitous term for the marketing of products, brands or services; using modern day digital technologies that run mainly on the internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising, engaging on social networks or any other form of digital media. Ideally speaking, digital marketing or online marketing represents a convergence of ideation, relationship management, data analytics, and technology. The effects of digital marketing are so profound and wide spread that it has become an effective mainstream tool at Fortune 500 companies as well.
There are several ways of digital marketing. Prominent among those are SEO, SMM, SEM, PPC, email marketing, ASO and content marketing.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization):- With help of SEO, using on-page and off-page optimization activities you can rank your web pages on top spots of organic search results of search engines like Google, Bing and Baidu for potential customers and partners to see and visit your website, without spending any money on paid search and other ads. With SEO your results show long lasting 24*7 presence for your potential customers and partners.
PPC (Pay-Per-Click):- You can promote your text, video and banner image ads on search engines, relevant websites, social media channels and YouTube to reach maximum number of people in short period of time. Though, PPC ads are easy to set and monitor, businesses usually need help of agencies to make their ads better perform and bring better ROI.
SMM (Social Media Marketing):- SMM is used for listing and advertising your business on social networking sites. With engaging contents mix like videos, audios, text and surveys, you can widen your reach and make interested people explore more about your business offerings.
While free posting on social media has potential to reach a limited number of people for small businesses, social networking ads (sponsored posts) are very effective with a potential to reach a humongous group of people at a very short time and may be used in several ways like collecting a network of same interest, region, age group etc. and increase your sales by reaching to potential customers through internet. And, social media ad packages come at very less price plans.
Email marketing:- Email marketing is a bit traditional and still impacting strategy to engage your customers and leads with your brands by sending periodic newsletters, email campaigns and auto-response communications to yours subscribers in-order to keep them updated about your new products, services or anything worth sharing. Regular and proper follow-ups tend to bring best results.
ASO (App Store Optimization):- With the tech trends turning completely turning towards mobile, it’s a widely known fact that mobile apps are becoming THE BIG thing in attracting, engaging and retaining customers and generating more business. With thousands of apps getting built and uploaded to Android Play store and Apple App Store, it’s getting hard for many small app owners to get found by potential customers. ASO is a process of making apps traceable on search using various keywords. This way, you can ensure big number of downloads.
This process can be followed by app engagement, push notification, monetization and other activities to retain users and expect repeated transactions.
Content marketing:- Content marketing is the process of releasing high-quality, valuable content to attract, inform, and engage your audience online, while also promoting the brand itself. Buyers and consumers are already searching the web for answers that your brand is uniquely positioned to offer. Content marketing effectively uses blogs, PR sites, podcasts, and video (YouTube), and social media sites as platforms to enhance and attract customers towards your business.
Benefits of Digital Marketing:
- Increased brand preference: Digital marketing helps to further establish your brand as a thought leader in your industry, which strengthens relationships with potential buyers.
- Greater reach at lower cost: Over a certain period of time, a library of great content will continue to reach more qualified leads and interested buyers.
- Increased brand awareness: As prospects and buyers search the web for answers to their questions and solutions for their problems, your brand continues to show up.
- High Return on Investment (RoI): Digital marketing helps target only most interested and engaging audience and subsequently gain wider trust and reach.
- Cost effective: You can start without spending any money without any time constraints, advertising your products on specific hours, time or day basis. It can be fully controlled based on your location, budget and time unlike traditional marketing which includes several constraints.
- Greater client appeal: The firms have the benefit to attract customers with results that can be brought by a medium rapidly. Online marketing gives a range to them of options to promote their business to the market.
- Track-able and measurable results: Measuring your online marketing with web analytics and other online metric tools makes it easier to monitor and analyze how effective your campaign has been. You can obtain detailed information about how customers use your website or application or respond to your advertising. You can run A/B test campaigns and see which method is doing better.
- Improved conversion rates: If you have a website, then your customers are only ever a few clicks away from completing a purchase. Unlike other media which require people to get up and make a phone call, or go to a shop, digital marketing can be seamless and immediate.
- Greater engagement: With digital marketing you can encourage your prospects, clients and followers to take action, visit your website, read about your products and services, rate them buy them and provide feedback which is visible to your market. So it doesn’t take long for good publicity to enhance the prospects of your business.
Tips: Setup and use ‘Google Analytics‘ for FREE to monitor your website and application visitors and understand their behavior. This way, you can improve your marketing strategies and better serve your customers. Also, setup ‘Google Webmasters’ to find future errors on your site or app.